What is the Problem with Office Chair Sinking?
The problem with office chair sinking is that it makes sitting in the chair for long periods of time uncomfortable. This is because the person’s back is not fully supported by the chair and their thighs tend to fall asleep.A person may start sinking because the chair may be too small, or not high enough, or if they sit in it for long periods of time they will put pressure on one part of their body, which will cause everything else to sink too.
Why does your office chair keep sinking?
The cause of this sinking is way more complicated than it seems. You see, the problem is coming from a variety of sources that are beyond our control. I’m going to go over them here with you and look at what you can do to try and resolve this annoying issue in your home office.
1. DON’T ADJUST THE TILT TENSION If your desk chair is sinking, don’t adjust the tilt tension. It’s a common mistake for people to try and adjust the tilt tension when their chair is sinking. This is because they think that it will help them sit up again. However, what actually happens is that you will just end up with an uncomfortable experience where you are sitting at an angle that isn’t right for you.
2. CHECK THE GAS LIFT When you use your gas lift chair, you may notice that it sinks over time. This is because the gas cylinders are slowly losing pressure. If this happens to you, don’t worry! There are a number of ways that you can fix or replace your cylinder so that it lasts longer. Here are a few tips for maintaining and repairing your lift chair:
- If the cylinder has lost pressure, you can refill it by connecting it to an air compressor. You will need a pressure gauge to make sure that the cylinder is filled properly.
- You may be able to replace your gas cylinder if it’s leaking or damaged. If you want to do this on your own, make sure that you know how much weight the new cylinder can support.
- You can also buy a new cylinder and have an expert come out to install it for you. This will cost more than just buying a new cylinder, but it’s important to make sure that it is done correctly so that you don’t cause any damage to your office chair.
3. CHECK THE CHAIR FRAME The frame on a chair might be broken or damaged by wear and tear over time. Check underneath the cushion of your office chair to see if there is any damage or loose screws. If so, this could be an indication that the frame is broken and will need to be repaired or replaced. You can also check to see if the seat and back are loose, which could also mean a frame repair is needed. If you have any doubts about the safety of your office chairs, contact a professional to come out and inspect it. You will want to make sure that it is safe for use before allowing someone else to use it.
Bottomline is, your office chair, no matter how expensive will eventually sink as this is part of the regular wear and tear of the product. So either you keep this in mind so you are prepared and not disappointed when it does happen or have peace of mind by investing on chairs that come with lengthy and reliable warranties.
There are many different kinds of warranties offered by companies in order to give consumers peace of mind when they purchase their chairs. Some offer a one year warranty, some offer two year, others offer five years or ten. The most common type is the three-year warranty and this is the most affordable option for many people because it can be extended if needed. Corporate Chairs, on the other hand, offer you industry best, factory backed, LIFETIME warranty. If that doesn’t give you peace of mind, I don’t know what will.